Current Prayer Needs:
- Qualified people to work full time with Dr Hibaile
- Pray that God would work through the ministry at the Center for Ethics/Chapel to impact many university students for Christ!
- That God would use the ministry of CIDEL and Dr. Hibaile to help bring healing and peace to the CAR
- For additional financial support for CIDEL's growing ministry
- Dr. Hibaile's trip with Marie Helene to the national conf. of the Grace Brethren churches in Bossangoa NW of the country from 7-11 January 2019
- Leadership seminar to the Parliament of CAR in March 2019
Subscribe to News RSS feed
Wednesday March 27th 2019:
Dear prayer supporters,
Wisdom is greatly needed for those in positions of authority in my country. The Government put together in March 4th after the peace agreement in Karthoum/Sudan was denied by the armed groups who said that the government is not inclusive. Last week another peace talk gathered the Government and the 14 leaders of the armed groups in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia. The results of that meeting is a new Government published in March 22 with 38 members compared the 34 in March 4th. Many leaders from the Armed groups became members of the Government.
We are concerned because there is no disarmament done among those armed groups; We appreciate your prayers that God will change the hearts of those who are leading the country now. Pray that peace will come back and that all the armed groups will cease to kill the peaceful population.
God is giving me the opportunity to minister. Pray that God will grant me with wisdom as I continue to serve him among different leaders.
Pray also that God will allow me and my wife to visit the churches this year in the USA. Barb Wooler is willing to contact churches and friends to set a program for our visit if God provides. We want to present the ministry of CIDEL and Encompass during the visit.
Monday March 4th 2019:
Dear prayer supporters,
You have prayed for the new of God intervention in the change in the CAR Government after the peace agreement signed between the Government and the armed groups.
Yesterday a new Government of 35 Ministers appointed by the Prime Minister and the approval of the President was published. 18 former Ministers are still in the new Government over the 35. Representant of the Armed Groups are also included in the Inclusive Government.
Mr Maxime BALALOU, former Deputy of the Director of the Prime Minister cabinet is now appointed as the Minister Secretary of the Government. He is the President of the national prayer breakfast. Maxime has initiated the prayer breakfast after he was with the Prime Minister to the Berlin International Gathering (Prayer Breakfast of the German Parliament) as I coordinated that encounter.
Continue to pray that the new government will demonstrate a good governance that will bring peace and reconciliation throughout the country.
Sunday February 24th 2019:
Dear prayer supporters,
Yesterday, the Prime Minister of the CAR appointed by the President has resigned from his position as requested by the Political Peace Agreement in Khartoum.
Now, the President has to nominate a new Prime Minister asap. The Prime Minister will than put together his Government with personalities from the Armed Groups as well as the civil society.
We appreciate your prayer for wisdom as the President of the country is seeking someone to take this highest leadership position in the country.
Saturday February 9th 2019:
Here are some updates for praise and prayer from Augustin. Thanks for your prayers!!!!! Editor
1. God is so good to CIDEL for 13 years of impact on those in positions of authority from family to the church and in the workplace and Government.
2. CIDEL's presence within the University of Bangui and the opportunity to train students who will become godly leaders of conviction, wisdom and courage to transform the nation
3. God's provision of a new coordinator of the Center of Ethics/Chapel and two students in internship alongside of the Coordinator
4. CIDEL's first encounters of the new year (offering training to Catholic Priests and Sisters who request a leadership seminar - We have done 8 hours of training on the Power of Character that was highly appreciated)
1. For reform on the structure, the by-laws, to further the vision of promoting great leaders of integrity (There are some groups of people who are reviewing CIDEL's documents in the light of the activities done through years.
2. Wisdom to organize continuing training for new professors of the University to meet the request of the Rector of the University of Bangui (CIDEL is positioned as an academic organization who can make a difference in the lives of trainers)
3. God's provision for CIDEL to be able to organize and deliever the leadership seminars to the members of the Parliament in the second half of March 2019 (Pray for financial aspect of the seminar)
4. A pedagogical trip with the students trained by CIDEL to share what was learnt for the development of Character to the students and administrative staff of the sister university in Mbaïki, South of Bangui in couple months.
5. God's help in my personal and family life to have balance in the many activities we have (managing Encompass Ministry Center, CIDEL, family, etc). Currently I am facilitating a workshop on the integration of Ex-Combatants in the Army. The workshop is organized by the Security Reform Sector of the UN and the national part. We have to present the final report with recommandations to the Head of the State next week.
Wednesday February 6th 2019:
View older news
I had a good meeting with the President of our Parliament Tuesday to discuss the leadership seminar scheduled in the second half of March. He acknowledged all the efforts done by CIDEL since 13 years now and is eager to see the seminar happen. Pray that I will be joined by PLI instructors during that seminar. The exact dates will be communicated later. For those instructors willing to join, please keep your agenda from 15-30 of march free.
I am facilitating a workshop on the integration and harmonisation of the statutes of Ex-Combatants from the armed groups in CAR. I was requested by the Security Reform Sector of the UN and the national part to help coordinate the discussions that will bring us to submit a practical proposition to the Government at the end of this month. Pray that God will grant me with wisdom and knowledge to show his grace among the politicians, military and all the participants to that strategic planning for peace in my country.